is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.
Notice is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Nebraska Court Records is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Nebraska Inmate Records?

Nebraska inmate records contain detailed information about individuals incarcerated in the state. The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NCDS) maintains records of inmates in state facilities, while sheriff’s offices and police departments manage records for local jails. Details available on an inmate record include:

  • Name/Nickname
  • Gender
  • Date of Birth
  • Physical description
  • Mug shot
  • Current charges
  • Facility being held
  • Court information
  • Release date

According to the Nebraska Statutes §84–712.01 et seq, the NDCS provides the public with access to information regarding inmates in the state. However, public access to certain records may be disallowed if the record contains any of the following:

  • Medical records other than birth or death
  • Information about the presence or amount of alcohol or drugs in an inmate’s body fluid
  • Financial records
  • Attorney records
  • Intelligence or internal investigation documents

How Do I Find An Inmate In Nebraska?

The NDCS provides records on inmates incarcerated in any of Nebraska’s nine state prisons and one youth detention center. Information regarding inmates in state prisons is available online via its inmate information locator. Using the locator requires the following inmate details:

  • Last Name
  • First Name
  • Department of Correctional Services (DCS) ID Number

Information accessible from the search result includes demographic details on the inmate, such as a full name, gender, race, current facility, and birth date. The record also shows a booking photograph, complete sentence details, the sentence starting date, and a projected release date. Parole information is also accessible if it applies. Note that the information on the NDCS database also includes released inmates.

Currently, the NDCS does not provide an online database for juveniles incarcerated in detention centers. Individuals seeking these records may contact the Nebraska Correctional Youth Facility.

To find an inmate in a jail or detention center, contact the local sheriff’s office. Requestors may find online tools available on different sheriff’s offices’ websites or visit the institution for more details.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Nebraska?

There are no federal prisons in Nebraska. Federal offenders may be placed in a local detention facility pending sentencing, probation, or release. Convicted offenders are typically placed in a Bureau of Prison facility within 500 miles of the offender’s residence.

Individuals seeking information about inmates who have been detained or incarcerated for federal crimes may visit the Federal Bureau of Prisons website. Requestors may use the inmate locator tool provided by the BOP to search for inmate records using one of the following numbers:

  •   BOP register number
  •   District of Columbia Department of Corrections (DCDC) number
  •   Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) number
  •   Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) number

Requestors may also search for inmates using the first name, middle name, last name, race, age, and sex of the offender. Search results display inmate information, including current location and release date. The BOP maintains records of federal inmates incarcerated from 1982 to date. Information regarding inmates incarcerated before 1982 are accessible from the National Archives Records Administration (NARA).

Requestors seeking information from NARA may submit an online application for NARA records. This requires registering an account and paying a fee using a credit card. Requestors may also contact NARA using the contact us link on the NARA website. The following information should be provided when making requests:

  • Inmate name
  • Date of birth or approximate age at the time of incarceration
  • Race
  • Approximate dates in prison

How Do I Find Inmates Records In Nebraska?

The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services issues physical copies of inmate records in the state. Written requests for public records may be submitted to the NDCS via the following means:

Public Disclosure Unit
Nebraska Department of Correctional Services
PO Box 94661
Lincoln, NE 68509

Persons submitting a written request should provide the following:

  • A detailed description of the desired record 
  • A statement confirming that the request is in line with the Nebraska Public Records statutes
  • The requestor’s contact information

Note that the NDCS will provide requestors with a cost estimate if the request would attract fees. Requestors must approve the estimated cost before the NDCS begins processing the request.

The NDCS may take up to four business days to process requests. A requestor who has not received a response after four days may contact the NDCS public records manager by email.

Persons interested in records of inmates in county or city jails may directly contact the sheriff’s office or police department. Alternatively, requestors may also contact the specific detention facility.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple record(s). To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Nebraska?

Individuals sending money to inmates in Nebraska state prisons may do so via Jpay. Depositors should provide the following information about the inmate: 

  • Full name
  • State
  • DCS number

JPay provides different methods for sending money to an inmate’s commissary account, including:

  • Money Order
  • Online 
  • Walk-in   
  • Phone 

Money Order

Depositors may send money to a Nebraska inmate by mail through a money order. Money order deposits are made available to the offender within three business days of receipt at the lockbox.

Interested persons must ensure that the money order contains information about the inmate, such as the ID number, full name, and the institution where the inmate is held. The form also requires the requestor’s full name, phone number, date of birth, address, city, and the amount of money to be deposited. Note that the amount must not exceed $999.99. Send the deposit slip by mail to:

P. O. Box 279010 
Miramar, FL 33027. 


Through JPay’s online services, funds may be deposited into an inmate’s account using a credit or debit card. Users may visit the JPay website or download the JPay mobile app for iOS and Android. 


Interested persons may also visit a nearby MoneyGram location and use “1316” as the payment code. Walk-in deposits attract a flat-fee of $8.95. 


Family and friends may also send money to an inmate by speaking with a live agent. To make a deposit, call JPay’s 24-hour toll-free line at (800) 574–5729. Payments are posted to the facilities by the next business day. Note the lowest fee for phone payment is $4.90 for deposits between $0.01 and $20, while the highest fee is $11.90 for a deposit between $200 and $300. 

Individuals sending money into the commissary account of a federal inmate may do so through the following ways:

  • MoneyGram Express Payment program
  • Western Union Quick Collect Program
  • United States Postal Service

Western Union Quick Collect Program

This deposit method may be completed through one of the following ways:

  • Walk into an agent location with cash
  • By phone using a credit/debit card. Call 1–800–634–3422
  • Online using a credit/debit card. Visit and Select Quick Collect.

Western Union transactions require the following information:

  • BOP number
  • Inmate Full Name
  • Code: FBOC, DCw

MoneyGram Express Payment Program

Depositors may send funds via MoneyGram, using one of both methods:

  • Visit an agent location to pay in cash
  • Online using a credit/debit card. Visit, enter receive code 7932

MoneyGram transactions require the following information:

  • BOP number
  • Company Name: Federal Bureau of Prisons
  • City and State: Washington, DC
  • Receive Code: 7932
  • Inmates Full Name

Funds sent via mail must include:

  • Inmate Name
  • Inmate BOP number
  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!